Monday, April 21, 2008

Depth NVC

I recently participated in a Nonviolent Communication training in Columbus, Ohio that included Robert Gonzales as one of the trainers. I feel deep gratitude to Robert for advancing the field of NVC, in my view, through his work with the Beauty of Needs and working with Core Jackal Beliefs.

The term that came to me when reflecting on Robert's teachings is "Depth Psychology," and I regard his training as, "Depth Nonviolent Communication." More than repetition of NVC skills, and even more than discovering more effective ways to share NVC with others, Robert is taking the process of NVC and using it for deep healing and transformation that goes deeper than any other NVC experiences I have ever seen.

Robert lives in Prescott, AZ, and trains with several other trainers through the NVC Training Institute.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Jeff,
Being a long term devotee and practitioner of various forms of "depth psychotherapy" can you give us some more detail about how Robert works in this arena and how he blends it with NVC?

Doug