Monday, June 16, 2008

Dance of Communication -- two recent events

I just completed a 12-day trip to Columbus, Ohio and Princeton, New Jersey with fellow NVC trainer Gina Lawrie from England. Gina and I co-facilitated two 3-day NVC Dance Floors trainings attended by a total of 60 participants between the two events.

My partner, Rhonda Mills, joined us as an assistant trainer for the Ohio event, at which we not only presented the Dance Floors, but also incorporated a "floating track" for facilitators and people coaching others in NVC processes.
One of my favorite comments ever during a feedback session from a training I led came from Dave Russell (who led a laugher session on one of the breaks) from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, who attended the Ohio training.

Referring to how Gina and I integrated the basic track and more advanced track, I heard Dave say that he deeply appreciated how we combined the tracks -- which are traditionally offered as separate experiences -- and avoided the creation of "haves" and "have nots."

I cherish that comment, because that is one of my deepest wishes is to create a welcoming, inclusive and sacred container for trainings in which to share the precious work of NVC.

No comments: