Friday, October 10, 2008

Alternate views on evolution of NVC


Lately, I have been appreciating the views expressed by Conal Elliott, a member of the NVC community who lives in San Andreas, California, which is about 2 hours east of the Bay Area.

Conal maintains a blog called, "NVC Evolves: Explorations in evolving the understanding, living, and teaching of Nonviolent Communication." I highly recommend reading what he has to say about NVC -- I find his contributions to be stimulating and lead to expansiveness in me, even when I am not in agreement with what he offers (I am in alignment with him about 80% of the time).


Here is one of his recent blog posts: "Distracted by Faux Needs?" is particularly revealing to me.

Another topic I have seen Conal blog about is certification of NVC trainers, and my understanding of him is that he is very uncomfortable with certification, and suggests alternative ways to look at this issue.

No comments: