Saturday, May 17, 2008

Experience of Community with Like-Minded, Like-Hearted folk

Last night I co-facilitated a monthly NVC community practice session with my partner, Rhonda Mills, at the home of our friends, Jim and Michelle.

Nine people participated, and I enjoy this group so much because it is informal, practice-oriented, and an experience of community that nourishes me. Since I moved to St. Louis nearly 2 years ago, I have been frequently been lonely for like-minded, like-hearted community.

Part of that is due to my intense and frequent travel schedule, both for NVC trainings I present all over (both in the U.S. and now in Japan and Korea) and for the first year for my graduate program in Spiritual Psychology I traveled for 9 times each year to the Los Angeles, CA area.

And yet, it has also been a struggle for me to connect with people in St. Louis who share my values and visions about life. Last night was a very, very nurturing experience of connecting with others who are on a similar path. I am celebrating community and the joy that it brings to me!

No comments: